Monday, September 21, 2009

Hyundai Genesis & Herb Chambers.



Today my buddies and I went to Herb Chambers of Auburn Mass to test drive a Hyundai Genesis.
We wanted to test drive the 2 liter turbo one but it wasn't going to be as easy as we thought it would be. I snapped some pictures of the car, the Brembo brakes and the size of the rotors were impressive. The interior was nice... it has gone the way of most cars with lots of plastic and gaudy chrome accents. The leather/cloth seats were actually very nice and comfortable, all power at that.




Anyway, we wanted to test drive it and the salesmen there just weren't going to have it.
They were comparing the Genesis to a Viper and how they can't let every Tom Dick and Harry test drive it. We basically said you're all retarded and your Hyundai isn't remotely close to a Viper, good day Sir. I said Good day!





We plan to get to a better dealership in the next week to test drive one before I slander the Genesis anymore than I have. It's a Hyundai! The only upside to the 2 liter turbo is that I hear it's a detuned EVO engine. The cars visual styling isn't all that amazing but for the modest sum of money they are going for it is expected.

2 comments:

  1. I drove the v6 and the 4b11 (actually drove that white one thats in the pictures), the v6 is a lot of fun if you don't plan on modding it, and definiteley a lot stronger than the 2.0 but if you read the owners manual or pop the gas cap, its tuned to run on 87 octane gas. Its a real slug out of the box, but I'm sure a quick re-flash will unleash all the power its supposed to have. From what I hear with a flash its up to Evo 10 status but RWD. Incredible how a simple tune and higher octane gas can turn it into a monster. The R spec comes out soon, should be cheaper than the track 2.0, includes all the tracks features such as the brembo's etc. etc. just stripped of cruise control, and a few other interior features.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting Dan, I have a couple things to say about that, along with some questions.
    You're talking about the V6 being tuned to 87 octane right. I agree that a tune would increase power, no doubt about it. Advancing the timing & leaning it out a bit, is all you can really do though. As for hanging with an Evo 10... I'd like to see it. Well, actually I'd rather see it burst into flames.

    Well see how well the engines and everything else holds up, but I feel eventually theres going be a thread on some Genesis forum where it's linked to every car forum on the internet with some catastrophic failure after dropping the clutch or turning off the LSD like what happened with the new Nissan Skylines.

    ReplyDelete